Longstone Primary School Handbook:
School Health & Safety Information – sun cream in school, parking, smoking in school grounds and various other things we would like to share with you, please take 5 minutes to read , thank you
Young Scot Cards/Free Bus Travel for young people age 5-21.
From 31 January, 5–21 year olds living in Scotland will be eligible for free bus travel across Scotland with a valid National Entitlement Card. You can apply from 10 January 2022. However, in light of high levels of COVID-19 transmission, the Scottish Government is asking that you only apply for the scheme at this point if it is essential* that you, or your child, travel while restrictions are in place. All other eligible applicants will be proactively encouraged to apply at a later date.
*There is no prescribed list of what constitutes essential travel – it will differ for different children, young people and families. But it might include travel for education, training, work, care or health reasons.
Even if your child already has a National Entitlement Card or Young Scot National Entitlement Card, they must apply for a new or replacement card to travel by bus for free.
You can visit the Transport Scotland website to find out how to apply and more.
How to apply for a card for your child: https://youtu.be/Ev_sEjprEDE
How to request a replacement card with free bus travel: https://youtu.be/M7OgYZ3Fh5s
Please follow the latest Scottish Government COVID-19 guidance at all times.
Please click on the link for our current handbook:
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/schools – all the school information on the Council site
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/ema – Education Maintenance Allowance
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/foodinschools – general meal information
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/schoolmeals – school lunch menus
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/parents – parental engagement information, including details of parent groups
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/educationcomplaints – Advice and Conciliation – complaints about Children and Families establishments
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/ecoschools – Eco Schools
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/activeschools – Active Schools
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/schoolinspections – internal inspection reports and follow through reports
- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/bullying – Council’s policy on bullying and harassment